The organisation needed to digitally de-commission 70 legacy business applications and deploy an enterprise solution that is accessible for various teams, all from one platform. They also want to have the flexibility to work from anywhere and at any time. The system is expected to improve efficiency, reduce time in processing procurement and minimise operational risk.
After going through a few demonstrations of various vendor products, our technical consultants decided to implement a cloud-based SAP Ariba and S/4 Hana business system. SAP Ariba will be the most suitable system for meeting their strategic vision, but also providing the flexibility to add new business process modules in the future.
Our team conducted a comprehensive scoping exercise with various internal teams and the in-house IT department.
During the exercise, it was identified and agreed with the stakeholders that their legacy systems, modules, and design will not be compatible with SAP Ariba. As a result, we proposed a re-designed business process with minimal changes, removing any redundant or outdated processes.
Steps to deployment
The proof of our concept (business process and system design) was carefully constructed and presented to the client’s stakeholders:
- Platform: Cloud Based SAP Ariba, S/4 HANA
- Module design: Asset procurement, Indirect and Direct Procurement
- Master material was replicated using Ariba Guided Buying via Catalogue Management
- End to end Blue printing design was created for Supplier Management
- SAP Ariba Guided Buying was implemented by incorporating the company’s policies based on their preferred supplier list. The business end users could then create Tactical Sourcing using the Self-Service form for SAP Ariba Guided Buying.
- End to end Sourcing and Contract management modules were created to complete the successful SAP Ariba enterprise solution
Worried about transitioning from a host of legacy systems?
SapienceS2P has the experience to move you to a modern, cloud-based procurement system from your existing applications, no matter how old they are.